Thursday, March 29, 2018

23A - Your Venture's Unfair Advantage


  • Consulting experience - Not everyone has business consulting experience by the age of 21. I think that this is something very unique that is hard to replicate by the average entrepreneur. Consulting allowed me to study and analyze different kinds of businesses which allows me to be adaptable to different situations.
  • Open-mindedness - Not everything is always going to go my way. My open-mindedness is definitely one of my favorite qualities. I always listen to all sides of a situation before making a decision. This is especially useful whenever making a decision at a new venture.
  • Patience - I have extreme patience. New entrepreneurial ventures are almost never an overnight success so they demand a lot of patience. Many entrepreneurs are too rushed and impatient which causes them to leave the business before the success comes in.
  • Tenacity - Once I start something, it's very difficult for me to stop. I will stop at nothing until it is completed. This is great for starting a business because I won't let anything be unfinished.
  • EESA participation - My consulting experience in South Africa not only served as experience in business consulting, but also connected me to other entrepreneurs around UF and the country. I know can ask my colleagues and old professors for advice on a new venture.
  • GEAP participation - Along with my EESA experience, consulting in Gainesville gained my consulting experience and also connected me to more entrepreneurs at UF.
  • Perfectionism - Being a perfectionist can be good and bad but I like to think of it as a positive quality. Not sending something until it is perfect can show great effort and attention to detail.
  • School connection - Since my venture is centered at Library West, I have a huge advantage of being a student here. I have connections to other students that can try out and test the product for quality and I get to survey people to find out their needs.
  • Student Government connection - I have some close friends that have a high position in Student Government. This is definitely to my advantage when it comes to promotion since I am creating a product to improve the students' experiences at the library.
  • Possible Student Government funding - Because of my close connection to Student Government, it could be easier for me to get funding from Student Government, instead of out-of-pocket. 
Top resource: Patience
I think that the rush of creating a business is great because you're excited and ready for everyone to experience your new product. But I definitely think that an entrepreneur's lack of patience is what can ultimately kill the business.

1 comment:

  1. I love your attire, the suit definitely gives off a professional appeal to your elevator pitch! Your slogan really ties it all in and is catchy in terms of any day users who may not even have an interest or know of cryptocurrencies will definitely have it engraved in the back of their heads! Your pitch definitely went from 0-100, love it!

    ReplyDelete