There are not enough outlets in Library West at UF.
Library West is a library that many students at the University of Florida use to study throughout the year for an extended amount of time, which means that at one point, they need to plug in their electronic devices to recharge them. This need is somewhat new because Library West has been open since 1967 but was reopened after renovations in 2006. In 2006, the prominence of smartphones and students with laptops was not all there. Right now, students may be charging their laptops and phones fully prior to getting to the library since they know they are not guaranteed an outlet. I am about 90% sure this opportunity exists.
Reflect:
Out of the three students I interviewed, they all gave consistent answers. It is not convenient when they finally find a place to sit but there is not an outlet near because that means they will not be able to study the full amount of time they wish to. So, they try to charge their laptops beforehand or they just use the battery they have to do work until it dies. They don't like doing this because then it does not allow them to keep battery for their later classes. The most surprising thing was that these students have to actually plan their trips to the library around the battery of their laptops.
I believe that my opportunity is still very much there. I would say that my opportunity is more accurate than when I started because I see that my opportunity is backed up by other students that think like me. I believe that entrepreneurs should definitely adapt their opportunities because at the end of the day, the people that will buy the entrepreneur's goods or services will be these customers.
I completely believe that this is a problem at UF. Whenever I go to Library West, it’s a struggle to find a seat, and when I finally do, there isn’t an outlet near me. I also think that your observation of the renovation timing is smart, as you give a reason as to why there aren’t enough outlets. I would say this opportunity definitely exists.
ReplyDeleteEverytime I've gone to Library West it's always been two major problems: seating and outlets. The problem since the seating gets taken up far too much, that the seats left over are the seats with no outlets available nearby. Your reasoning behind why there aren't many available outlets are very plausible when comparing Newell Hall where seating is very limited yet there is an access to an outlet almost everywhere. Not only just outlets but the USB outlets definitely do make a difference as well for many students. This opportunity undeniably exists!
ReplyDeleteI believe this to be an opportunity as well since it is very rare to get an outlet at Library West in my experience. I always have to make sure my laptop is charged completely before going to the library. Your reasoning as to this problem makes sense especially when considering Newell Hall. Going to the library would definitely be more conveinent if there were more outlets.
ReplyDelete