Friday, March 16, 2018

18A - Create a Custom Avatar

Meet Sarah



Sarah is a 21-year-old computer science senior. She is heavily involved in school and is currently taking 18 credit hours. She studies a lot for her classes at Library West. She does not have a car or scooter so she spends most of her day on campus. She likes to hang out with her friends, but prefers to study and do homework first. It's rare that you'll see her relaxed because she's always up to something. As a senior, she is pretty stressed with her schoolwork.

Sarah and I are of the same age. We also care very much for our school work. I think that is not a coincidence because we put ourselves in the problem we are trying to solve. We try to see the root of the problem from the point of view of who is affected.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the customer avatar you created for your problem of too few outlets at the libraries is perfect. Being that your avatar spends a lot of time at Library West, it makes sense that she would face this problem because I always find it difficult to find a seat with an outlet. I think you did a good job in identifying your customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The avatar that you envisioned is very easy to picture and probably pretty common here at UF. Having more outlets at Library West would definitely improve students lives here at UF and allow students like the avatar you described to stay in the library longer and no longer have to plan around the battery life of their laptops, phones, etc.

    ReplyDelete