1) You.
My name is Michelle Martinez. I am a junior studying public relations at UF. I am very detail-oriented and am very determined when I have a goal in mind. I consider myself very open-minded and kind. I hope to run my own activewear fashion company one day soon. I could see this business concept really grow and spread out to other libraries and universities.
2) What are you offering to customers?
I am offering to rent a large portable battery, enough to charge a laptop, to students and staff at UF in Library West.
3) Who are you offering it to?
I am offering the product to busy undergraduate and graduate students at UF. This will be males and females mostly between the ages of 18 and 25.
4) Why do they care?
Library West is known for not having enough outlets for its visitors. I intend to solve this problem by offering this portable battery so that they can stay a longer time at the library.
5) What are your core competencies?
It is a product that hasn't been made yet (or at least at a mass scale) and can be very useful for students that study for a long time at the library. I also have a passion for technology that can allow me to get more into the specifics of the product.
I think that these elements definitely fit together. They are all necessary for the product to work.
I'm more thorough with my product and who I intend to sell to. I explained the aspects in greater detail.
I am just a little confused because I know that your product is the portable charger for university libraries across the nation, but when you were describing yourself in your “you” paragraph, you talked about opening an active wear fashion company, and spreading that to other libraries. I’m sure this was just an oversight, and good job on the rest of your post.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ariana about the vagueness concerning the two conflicting business ideas in your idea napkin, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I do think your idea is interesting, as it would be a good service for those who can't find an outlet at library west. Overall, I think you did a good job on your idea napkin, and I like your idea, and think your determination and goal-orientedness would help see it to fruition!
ReplyDeleteBeing detail-oriented is very critical and a great skill especially in public relations where you need to see both the big and small pictures in situations. Being open-minded is another great attribute towards your work as you'll be able to distinguish and maximize your opportunity and service. I like how you were very specific on your product and who it'll be offered for as well as the benefits.
ReplyDelete