1) There aren't enough outlets on the second floor of Library West.
Why? Maybe the library's infrastructure wouldn't allow for more electric outlets.
2) Marston is always full.
Why? Because it is one of the biggest libraries near the center of campus.
3) All pants don't have pockets.
Why? Manufacturing costs.
4) There aren't any tampons or pads in the women's restrooms at UF.
Why? UF doesn't prioritize its budget on feminine hygiene products.
5) Chewing gum runs out of flavor fast.
Why? Companies haven't figured out how to make it last longer.
6) RTS bus app does not tell you if a bus is on its last run.
Why? They haven't created a system where the bus driver can communicate its last run to the app.
7) Second floor of Marston is too hot.
Why? There's a problem with the circulation of the air conditioning.
8) No-show socks do not keep feet warm.
Why? The material used is not made for warmth.
9) Dog training pads do not hold dog pee.
Why? They are not thick enough.
10) My laptop runs out of battery quickly.
Why? The battery is old.
11) My wifi slows down randomly.
Why? Because too many people are on it.
12) My phone calls get choppy sometimes.
Why? The phone company has a glitch.
13) Dog shampoo scent does not last for long.
Why? They haven't found a formula that makes it last longer.
14) Long lines at Chipotle.
Why? There aren't enough employees.
15) New movie tickets run out at the theater.
Why? The theater does not prepare for the people that buy tickets ahead.
16) The ice cream machine at McDonalds is always broken.
Why? They need to maintenance the machines more often.
17) When photos taken on iPhone come out blurry.
Why? The camera takes too long to focus.
18) When the wind closes your door too hard.
Why? The door isn't heavy enough.
19) The weather channel is wrong some days.
Why? The meteorologists need better equipment.
20) When your phone glitches.
Why? The software needs an update.
I found it difficult to come up with these bugs because they are minor problems in my life that I don't consciously think of all the time.
I totally agree with your number one and two statements. I included similar things in my bug list. I always find that I can never find a seat in the library (especially around finals time) and even when I do find a seat, there isn’t an outlet near me. I also found it hard to come up with my bug list because, as you said, I’m not always thinking about the minute things in my life that bother me. Great work!
ReplyDeleteThis post was different than the other ones I read. I thought it was very well written and provided simple yet thought out reasons for the minor inconveniences and annoyances that you experience daily. I completely agree that it's difficult to come up with these items because you don't think about them all the time, which isn't a bad thing.
ReplyDeleteI really like your bug list, as when compared to others, it focuses more on minor inconveniences that, while often unnoticed, really are bothersome once you take the time to find and analyze them. The post overall was well written and, while brief, your reflection pretty much hit the nail on the hammer, in that we really don't notice these little annoyances, but when we do it opens up a new outlook on life! (PS Number 9 made me laugh I totally agree)
ReplyDeleteI cannot agree more with your bug list. You described a lot more in depth some bugs that never occurred to me unless I experience it right then and there. Sadly, it's common for many to simply "put up with" these bugs and that's where I think the creativity dies along with the initiative of being able to find a solution to a reoccurring problem.
ReplyDelete