Thursday, February 22, 2018

12A - Figuring Out Buying Behavior No. 1

1) Pick a segment
Using geographic segmentation, I pick the Gainesville area to be my segment.

2) Find three people who would fit that segment and arrange to interview them.
I interviewed three students at Library West at UF.

3) Begin with need awareness.
All three participants expressed their dissatisfaction with the amount of access to outlets in Library West.

4) Move to information research.
When the interviewees became aware of the need, two of them thought that the building itself should just have more outlets. The third interviewee suggested that there should be extension cords. All three expressed their complaints to peers but not to anyone of authority that could make a change.

5) Report the findings of your research.
In the interviews I learned that the students that are aware of the problem complain about the problem but don't really take an active position in taking care of the problem.

6) Draw conclusions
Since this library is very much used by the people of Gainesville, I think that this segment has a common need and are aware of the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment