- Consulting experience - I went on the Entrepreneurship & Empowerment in South Africa (EESA) program in Cape Town over the summer where I was put into a group and provided consulting for two entrepreneur clients. I continued consulting this semester locally with two entrepreneurs.
- Patience - Having three years of customer service has helped me deal with angry people without getting angry myself.
- Open-mindedness - I hear all sides of a story and try to understand other people's points of view.
- Loyal - I think that loyalty is one of my best qualities.
- Bilingual - Being able to speak Spanish and English allows me to communicate with others.
2)
- Catherine: "As a compulsive talker and Michi’s best friend, I can attest to how she is a great listener. Some might mistake her quietness for shyness, and while that is in the mix, it is also because she is constantly observing her surroundings and taking in information about everyone, from their words, to their expressions, to their feelings. This, I believe, is the reason why Michi can connect with anyone at an emotional and intellectual level. Additionally, she’s extremely tenacious and resilient. Whether it is climbing 300 meters in Peru, or fighting an argument over what show to watch, Michi will go for the gold, and nothing will stop her. Lastly, she is a very strong individual, even as this sometimes leads her into stubbornness and to refuse help when needed. Michi is completely independent and unapologetic about her personality, values, and cultural roots all of which show her great strength of character."
- Patricia: "Michi’s human capital for me entitles a lot of things. As her
roommate I have gotten to experience the good, the bad, and the ugly. But mostly
with her is always the good. She radiates love and support when it comes to
hard situations. Whenever I have a bad day at work she makes sure I feel
reassured and supported by her. She is a good listener and always is willing to
pay attention to my problems. Her positive attitude could change everyone’s day
for the better. And lastly, her patience towards any kind of situation or
person is out of this world. I always tell her she gives more than what people
deserve but that is what makes her beautiful and that is her true essence."
- Nicole: "Michi doesn't really show her emotions unless she wants too. It doesn't allow people to advantage of her because of it. She's also very firm on her knowledge. No one can tell her otherwise. If Michi is wrong, she will do everything to figure out the right answer."
- Gabrielle: "Michelle has a very kind heart and does not lose her connections with friends. We've been friends for about 8 years now even though we barely talk. When we hang out, she makes it sound like we hung out last night."
- Will: "Michelle loves doing her own thing. It doesn't matter whether or not you're with her on whatever task, she'll do it anyway. She's very independent."
3) I looked at my own experience more than my traits while my interviewees focused more on my interpersonal skills. I'd say that my interviewees are very correct. I haven't really thought about some of the traits that they stated. If I were to make any corrections to part 1, I'd include more interpersonal skills and not something like me being bilingual.
I think it’s interesting that when you created your own “secret sauce” list you focused on skills that you had such as your ability to speak two languages. I approached it differently in that I only talked about qualities and characteristics. I didn’t think about it the way that you did, but I think your list seems more original and unique to you.
ReplyDeleteI think that's super cool that you were able to do the internship program in Cape Town! Customer service is a major trait needed especially in entrepreneurship as you have the patience. Being bilingual is a definite plus as you're able to not step two shoes at once rather than just one. Being open-minded is where it all ties in!
ReplyDelete