Friday, April 13, 2018

27A - Reading Reflection No. 3


Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson

1) I never knew that Steve Jobs was so strict in the way that he wanted things done. Seeing him on the keynotes for new products, you see a very calm man but this book made me realize that's not how he was every day. I most admire that about him because he knows exactly what needs to be done and how it needs to be done but I don't admire that sometimes it could come off as arrogance against his employees.

2) The way that Steve Jobs didn't really listen to his opposers and was determined to be better than the competition is another good quality about him.

3) I was confused as to why Steve Jobs participated in the writing of the book but did not wish to edit the final product or at least read it.

4)I would ask how he came up with the importance of joining creativity and technology. I would also ask how he barely had fear for his company when he was just starting out.

5)I think that Steve Jobs would say that hard work is essential to success. He worked very hard throughout his years to build up Apple to what it is today.

2 comments:

  1. I admired the same details you mentioned about Steve Jobs, especially how he isn't how we see him during his keynotes. I think that shows just how much of balance is key especially when an entrepreneur. I think he didn't wish to edit the final product to perhaps build confidence in the first product to go by the first judgement instead of constantly trying to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing the Steve Jobs movie when it came out and I saw how arrogant and rude his employees thought that he was, as you pointed out in your first paragraph. I think the second question that you would pose to Jobs is a good one because being fearless in starting a new journey is an important thing and we could benefit from knowing how to do that.

    ReplyDelete