Tuesday, February 13, 2018

11A - Idea Napkin No.1

You:
I would describe myself as a driven individual that pays very close attention to detail. I would see this concept of renting large portable batteries at Library West as a business concept that would not just be offered at UF but expand to other colleges that have the same problem.

What are you offering to customers?
I propose that I offer a rental service at Library West where students, faculty, and staff can rent a large-enough battery to charge their laptops instead of looking for an outlet.

Who are you offering it to?
I will offer this service to current students, faculty, and staff at UF that use computers and spend time with them in libraries.

Why do they care?
These people will want to spend more time in the library since they have more battery on their laptops and will be able to get more work done. It will also boost the sales of the Starbucks in Library West.

What are your core competencies?
I have not seen such a service so I believe it is a great opportunity to explore, especially in a college environment.

I believe that my product very well answers these five questions and fit well together. There are not many cons to providing a rechargeable battery to the students, faculty, and staff of UF so I think it is a good idea that can bring in profit.

2 comments:

  1. I like how your answers were sweet and short to the point! The rental service is perfect as student or even staff member's don't need to stress on having their time based around the life of their battery. This opportunity is definitely unique and I'm surprised no one has come up with this idea! This idea can not only be applicable to the UF community but also other colleges and major populated centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one thing that you can add to your core competencies list is the fact that you are a student and you know how difficult it can be to find a spot to charge your technological devices, so just the fact that you have experience kind of adds to your credibility. It shows that this is actually a real problem that needs to be solved. Great job.

    ReplyDelete